Remodeling Tips for Home Sellers
Increase your home’s value before selling in 2018. The return on investment is very high for room remodels and updates thanks to home buyers eager to buy a move-in ready home. Remodeling can mean the difference between “for sale” and “sold.” Whether you’re planning to put your home on the market in Spring – or only have time for a few quick improvements on the rooms that have the biggest return on investment – here are some ideas to get you started:
- New flooring, countertops or cabinets all add value – you don’t have to do a complete overhaul!
- Opt for a mini-remodel with a coat of new paint and a colorful backsplash
- Add more counter space with a kitchen island
- Install waterproof vinyl or laminate flooring for a hardwood look for less
- Invest in stainless steel appliances
- Replace hardware for a more attractive first impression
- Go granite for your countertops – It’s less expensive than in the kitchen and looks great
- Replace the vanity and outdated (and maybe retro technicolor) sink or toilet
- Ditch the harsh overhead lighting in place of wall mounts
- Add beauty to the shower with stone surround tile
- A mosaic tile backsplash or funky tile accents add instant style
- Replace worn flooring with new vinyl or ceramic tile
Living Room Updates
- Invest in quality hardwood flooring
- If you’re keeping carpet, make sure it’s free of debris and stains
- Buyers love crown molding – choose an option that complements window trim and floorboards
- Ditch the popcorn ceilings
- Stage the room with updated furniture
- Replace light switches and outlet covers – same goes with every room!
After spring cleaning is complete, it’s not uncommon to start dreaming of summer home improvement projects. You’ve tidied, organized, purged, and deep-cleaned. Now what? Take advantage of the sunny summer weather and longer days to tackle home projects you can enjoy...
See a kitchen renovation in your future? Updated cabinets will not only refresh your design, new cabinets can also make better use of your space and show off your personality. Check out some popular kitchen cabinet trends and then start planning your dream kitchen!1....
Interested in planning a DIY home update this season? Start with the foundation of your home design – your floors! Changing up the look of your flooring or going for that update you've been thinking about for a while now can have a huge impact on the overall look and...