10 Tips for Designing Small Spaces
Designing small spaces can be tricky, but creating an interior design haven and making your little abode feel more spacious at the same time is possible–and maybe easier than you think! Begin with these tips for making a space feel larger to get the most out of each room, then start planning and designing!
4. Floor-to-ceiling bookcases and shelving also make your space seem taller. This extra shelving is great for small rooms, but make sure you leave some open spaces on shelves so that the space appears spacious and not cluttered. (Photo credit)
5. Incorporate mirrors into your room design. Their reflection makes the room feel larger and their stylish designs will complement your decor and help tie together the design of a small space.
8. Create the illusion of a bigger space by paying close attention to furniture placement. Placing furniture at an angle or arranging pieces so that they are surrounded by open space will look more spacious than furniture up against your walls. (Photo credit)
9. Lighting elements have a big impact on the look and feel of a small space. Overhead fixtures draw the eye to only one spot, choose instead to add several lamps and lighting elements to move the eye around a small room and make it feel more expansive. (Photo credit)
10. Wall-to-wall design elements that span the length of a room, like built-in desks in a small office or cabinets in the kitchen, will make the space feel lengthened. Plus, the added storage that these elements create are ideal for small spaces. (Photo credit)
Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow this month, so according to groundhog lore spring will be coming early this year! Are you prepared to check off your spring to-do list? Whether you have a mini home reno project in mind or are planning a whole house makeover,...
Does the new year have you feeling inspired to be "out with the old and in with the new"? New carpet is a simple home update with a major impact – helping to breathe new life into your spaces! Explore the biggest carpet trends of 2020 to choose a stylish choice that...
Shopping for new carpet for your home should be exciting. But when you realize exactly how many thousands of options are available, it becomes a daunting task. From textures and patterns to color and more, we’ve narrowed down the latest design trends in carpet...